Taking Care of Me - 2017

I've never been one for New Years Resolutions....it always seemed kinda silly to me.... So many people make a resolution to change, but so few actually see it through.

However, I do like to pick on word or thought to be a reminder to me throughout the year.

The last few years, my thought has been to Choose Joy. We can all stand to have a little more joy and happiness in our lives.... but this year, I was ready for a new thought.... so, for 2017 - I choose to take care of me!


Over the years as a wife and mom, I often get distracted with the busyness of life and have let myself go. When you have a mini farm, animals, grow and preserve your own produce, home school, run a home business, volunteer, have a special needs son, and in my case have cancer, chronic stress, and multiple autoimmune diseases..... taking care of myself is often the last thing I think of.

So, this year, I am choosing to take care of me...... I'm having a relaxing soak in the bubble bath as I'm writing this. I am seeing a nutritionist regularly and taking Shaklee supplements and protein to get my weight in check. I am relying on my hubby and kids to help more with cleaning, cooking and laundry.


We are planning family activities to spend quality time with each other. We have a vacation planned for later this month to relax on an island beach. I am finding time to exercise, and (I promised new bikes for the whole family for my birthday in April.) When I get stressed and have to much on my plate, I am saying no and not feeling guilty about it. I will not explain my reasons to others and will be shameless. I'm going to take more bubble baths, keep fresh flowers on my table, use my candle warmers, watch more sunsets, spend more time in nature and do more things I love. This year, I will not apologize for taking care of me.


This year, I choose to take care of me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use