Cleaning Challenge #1



I recently received a copy of "31 Days To Clean: Having a Martha House The Mary Way" e-book FREE! (Thank-you Sarah Mae!)

I am enjoying the homemaker's challenge so far and thought I'd share my journey with you all!

You see, I have always kept a clean house!

After baby #1...... it was always clean.

After baby #2...... it was getting more messy, but manageable.

After baby #3 (add in homeschooling, piano lessons, speech therapy, a hobby farm, and a home business)....... I can't seem to keep my house clean, ever!

And if and when (by chance with the hubby and kids help) it is CLEAN....no one ever stops by!

But, some days - when there is laundry piled, dirty dishes, crumbs all over the floor, toys scattered in every direction, and you can't see the desk.... those are the days that folks magically 'stop in'! (Here's a dirty little secret..... the first two times our Pastor came to our house, I refused to let him in any further than the garage, because of my messy house! Isn't that awful!)

The Mary Challenge: My mission statement for why I want a clean house!

1. To bless my husband: My husband is a very kind man, who never complains about how I keep house. With that being said, I know my husband appreciates a clean, organized home, with everything in its place.

2. I want to be a good example for my kids. As a mom, I have a big influence on my kids and I want to be a GOOD influence. I want to diligently care for the needs of my family with a happy spirit, not lazy or complaining.

3.To create an atmosphere of peace and order: Having a cluttered, messy home makes me feel overwhelmed. It stresses me out. I get distracted by the mess and trying to keep up with it all day long. I am a much happier wife and momma when there is order and harmony in our home!

4. So that I am not embarrassed when company unexpectedly 'drops by': My husband and I love to have people over, but often don't because the house isn't clean! It is not fun to clean like crazy before company comes and I often don't enjoy the visit as much, as I should've because I was too worried about my messy house.

5. To have more time for things I enjoy - taking time for my kids, husband, business, hobbies, and quiet time with God: I have a quite a few different hobbies that I enjoy. Special singing, writing poetry, playing the keyboard, crocheting, crafts, re-purposing old items, antiques, auctions, family history, gardening, canning, cooking, baking, reading, and most of all - working in my many perennial flower beds!

I want to spend more time with my family, taking walks, riding the 4-wheelers, sitting at the campfire, telling funny stories, making smores, going on bike rides, playing with the kids and just being together -not worrying about the messy house that still needs cleaned!

A clean house will help me focus business hours on the business, instead of what all I still need to clean, pick up or put away. (-and the same for school, when we are in class.)

I often try to start my mornings with alone time, so I can have my devotions. However, there are many times the messy house distracts me, and I start cleaning instead of spending time with God! (It's so much easier when the house is picked up every evening and is clean when I wake in the morning!)

The Martha Challenge: I took inventory of all my cleaning supplies. I use Shaklee safe, natural cleaning products (you can see more of our story here).

Here is what I cleaned with in the past:

24 items total (without hand soap)

Here is what I clean with now: (kitchen, bathroom, disinfect, laundry and all other cleaning needs included!)

6 items total (7 if I add hand soap)

Note: the three spray bottles behind the Basic H2 bottle on the right hand side is all Basic H2 -just mixed differently for different cleaning jobs!

Did you see that!!!!
I went from 24 (toxic) items to 6 (safe) items! 
That's a BIG difference!!!

Shaklee simplify's our life and makes cleaning much easier! 

I have LOTS more cupboard space, but the best part is that Shaklee's 'Get Clean' line is all natural! They have no chemicals in them and they are SAFE for our home and our kids - And they WORK!!!!

I Challenge you to a 'Get Clean' Challenge!
Start using Green, Natural, Safe cleaning products that work and make your home Clean, Healthy, and Safe!

Shaklee has a 100% money-back guarantee.....so you have nothing to lose, except a whole lot of dirt and chemicals!

Something To Think About:

Comments

  1. This is great! Hi I'm a new follower from MBC and I would love for you to follow me back at Tips for Saving!

    http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com
    Thanks and Keep in Touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ;) first I wanted to say HI and let you know I am now following you. That I also found you on Mommy bloggers ... You have a very informational blog!

    When you get a chance, I would love it if you could stop by my page and say HI ... Have a wonderful day!

    Kirsten
    http://theemtmommy.blogspot.com
    http://kirstiesbowtique.weebly.com

    Also a suggestion to not only stay with Mommy Bloggers ... join me over at Voiceboks.Com and tell them I sent you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments:

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use