Book Review......Save Your Marriage in Five Minutes a Day by Bonnie Jacobson and Alexia Paul


Save Your Marriage in Five Minutes a Day
by: Bonnie Jacobson and Alexia Paul
"Simple Strategies to Transform Your Relationship"
Rating: 2 Stars

Save Your Marriage in Five Minutes a Day is about quick (5 minute) methods of improving a relationship that can be used by anyone. By incorporating these small gestures into each day, one can make a great difference in their marriage.

The book is broken into sections that addresses issues such as communication, children, physical and sexual relationships. 

The Authors often include a possible dialogue for each technique they recommend. However, it seemed that the way it was worded was how you would speak to a child, not a spouse and I don't see the conversations happening in real life. In these "Say This" sections of the book, the spouse who is being confronted with something immediately agrees with what the other is saying and they 'ride off into the sunset, and live happily ever after'!

In one of the chapters, a marriage is described in which the wife has an affair. In my opinion, the book tends to make light of the affair, like it was/is acceptable. I don't think there is ever a time that an affair in marriage is ever acceptable! 

I have to say that I was disappointed with this book as a whole. When I received it for review, I was looking forward to reading it and seeing what ideas were offered, as I am always interested in ways to make my awesome marriage (that God has blessed me with) even more fulfilling! Sadly, I felt like the book was lacking in depth and didn't offer anything that would truly 'Save a Marriage'. 

On a personal note, little things DO matter in marriage..... communication, respect, trust, love, intimacy.....it's all important, but I don't feel that I learned anything from reading this book. I would not suggest this book to anyone. I give it 2 Stars.

If you are interested, you can purchase the book from Amazon

I have received a complementary copy of this book through the blogger Booksneeze.com program. I am not required to give a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use