DIY Bookcase Redo

It doesn't take much to give your book case a whole new makeover! 
You can accomplish it with very little cost and a little bit of time.

Step 1: Take everything out of the bookcase, including the shelves.

Step 2: Take off the back. It is easiest if you lay the bookcase front side down on the floor.

                                                   

Step 3: Lay lace (you could also use material, wall paper or even paint the back a bright color.) down on the top where the back originally was. Pull snug.

Step 4: Lay back on top and nail back on.

Step 5: Stand upright. Place shelves back in.

                                                     

Step 6: Put you're books back in!

Note: The key to a good looking bookcase isn't so much in the bookcase as much as it's what and how to put things in the bookcase! Group books of the same color or kind together. Have some laying down and some standing up. Add in a few collectibles (anything you love). I added a blue antique bedside glass tray, pitcher, and cup. A sprig of greenery, my letter "K", my Grandma's elephants, and our dream catcher from Arizona.

                                    

NOTE: I decided to paint my bookcase black after I finished, so I took it all apart for the second time, painted it, and put it all back together! I really like the finished look! It goes great in our living room!


It's amazing what a little styling can do to give a bookcase a whole new look! I love mine..... so go ahead, give it a try and come back and post a photo for me to see!

PS. Here's a list of my favorite books in my bookcase:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use