To My Special Needs Son...


I'm not sure why - but you were made a little different from the rest of us.

You try so hard to do normal things and although you often fail, I know you tried your best. 

You see the world a little different from most. Things are black and white to you.

I love that you're all boy through and through. Tractors, ATVs, BB guns, cars, bikes and knives are your favorite. You never run out of things to say about them.

I love that you care so deeply for others. That you worry when you think someone is hurting or in trouble.

I love your sense of humor. 

You make us laugh. 

You have had gone through a lot in your 11 years of life so far.

I love that you don't care about today's fads.

I love that you're honest and obedient, and that you follow the rules.

I love to watch you outside, in your element.

You have a thought process about everything.

I love to listen to you sing. You can carry a tune pretty well.

I love that you keep all kinds of little tiny pieces a paper, and little bits of things, and that you know where everything is.

I love that you love playing with sticks, string, and duck tape. 

I love that you love babies and little kids. 

I love your imagination. You have come up with some pretty cool stuff.

 Someday you are going to do great things - I just know it. 

You, my son, have a purpose and although we may never know all the why's, I know that God had a reason for you to be in our family and on this Earth. 

You are important. 

You are my son, and I love you, just the way you are.

This song is my 💕 prayer to God.... I sing it with tears rolling down my cheeks... "He's My Son" by Mark Schultz

Note* Our son has pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) which is one of the four autism spectrum disorders, along with auditory processing disorder, speech and language disorders, and multiple learning disorders.... yes he is different, challenging, and some days I cry because I don't understand him, or he doesn't understand me, he asks the same things over and over - all day long, some days are really difficult, but I love my boy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use