DIY Closet Makeover


We painted the girls room a couple years ago, however I never messed with their closet.  See a trick for saving money on window dressing here.


You see when our kids was little, my husband built shelves in the closet for the baby clothes and they worked great for the baby/toddler years, but the kids are older now, and it was starting to not work for us anymore.


Everytime I put the girls clothes away or walked into their room, the closet always looked messy, clothes half falling off of hangers.... it was always a mess.


The other day I had an idea. I decided enough was enough. I went to town and purchased some paint, six tubs, and two storage drawers, that you stack. I took out the shelves, and the extra clothes rod, then I started making over the closet.

Here's a breakdown of the cost:

 1 gallon paint = $15
 (I bought a cheaper paint, as the girls usually change the color of their room every 3 years or so.)

2 storage units with drawers = $20

6 grey tubs for $4.98 ea. = $30
(I found these at walmart and they work perfect. I bought 6 of them. On the top shelf they hold storage, barbie play toys, and jackets. On the bottom, they hold shoes.)


The finished project took less than 24 hrs and $65.00. I love the way it turned out! And the girls like it too!


Here's the finished project!

And yes, we got rid of 2 large bags of clothes.... why have a pretty closet, if its cluttered with clothes and stuff you don't like and don't use? 

Never be afraid to get rid of clutter!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use