Uncluttered - living with less

Getting rid of stuff -  Round 2 - Year 3

This year, we signed up for Joshua Becker's Uncluttered Course.  And although we have read most of his books and have gotten rid of so much stuff in our first round.... we still had stuff that needed to go.

Here's some of it...



5 explorer loads full to goodwill



1 trailer load of junk to the garbage dump

1 trailer load of scrap metal (I forgot to take a photo)




Multiple items sold on Craigslist and online sites totaling over $4,000

And... We had over $200 of returns that we took back to Menards for in store credit

Let me say again... we are not pack rat people. It amazes me that we have so much to get rid off... if we haven't used it, don't need it, don't like it, or it has no purpose; out it goes. With a family of 5 living in the country on a hobby farm with animals, splitting our own firewood, homeschooling, and, having a business from home... there is a lot of extra stuff that we need to keep.

It's amazing all the stuff that we have purchased over the years... it's sad to realize how much time, money, and life energy was wasted. We can never get that back, but we can change our spending habits for the future....

We are still on our simplifying journey.

I find the more I get rid of, the better I feel, and the more I want to get rid of. I don't know if I'll ever be a true minimalist, but my goal is to have only the things I love and use.

 I want to be my own form of a minimalist, whatever that turns out to be....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use