Bridal Shower Lingerie and Paint Party


My sister Marla found her man!!! Don't they make a cute couple?!?!

Photo credit: Alicia Magnus

I wanted to have a small intimate lingerie bridal shower for my sister. Since she lives in Montana, we don't get to see her often. The guest list was small, just mom, sisters, sister in laws, and her two oldest nieces (4 ppl could not make it). I didn't want to have the normal 'how well do you know the bride' games, so this is what I came up with instead...

The theme was "In His Time"....

"Take Time to Date"
When guests first arrived... They could write down date ideas on wide pop cycles sticks and place them in the "Date Jar".


"Take Time to Play"
We started the evening by playing games.
The first, involved each guest, and the bride to be making a veil out of toilet paper. They had 5 min. and we're judged at the end. 




Next involved a bottle of sparkling grape juice and a garter. Each guest took turns trying to toss the garter on the bottle. The bride got to keep the garter (and if she wasn't flying back to Montana with limited luggage space, I would have also given her the bottle.)


Next was a fun "Panty Poem"
I read the poem as someone held up each pair of panties and then gave them to the bride.


Opening gifts came next.... 
PS. plastic wrap is always appropriate at a lingerie shower...


"A Time to Eat"
I decorated the table with gold dollies, rings, rose petals, pearls, a clock (which was gifted to the bride), flowers, and a sign that said: "God makes all things beautiful in His time".


The food was simple...
Taco salad (which I forgot to put tomatoes in it!)
Cornmeal rolls
Buckeyes
Cheesecake
Wedding punch


"A Time to Listen"
We all filled out advice prompt cards and the bride read them out loud, while we guessed who wrote each one.

"A Time to Create"
I wanted an activity we could do together, so that we could talk and have a good time.... so, we all painted a canvas. I purchased canvas, brushes, acrylic paints, and sponges. Then set cups of water, a spray bottle of water, paper plates, and paper towels around the table.


We printed off a picture to use as a reference and we all started painting.


 It was relaxing and so much fun!!! It was so cool to see how each person's painting reflected their own personality...




Overall, I think the party turned out great and was exactly what I had anticipated.

How about you? What do you do to make a bridal shower/party special? Tell me in the comments...

Comments

  1. I and the girls are also preparing a Bridal shower for our dearest friend Marge, and we are actually in the brainstorming part right now. I've contacted a planner and booked one of the San Francisco event venues for the party, and we're just hoping to zone in on the theme by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments:

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use