Itchy Skin

Many people who know me (outside of my family), do not know that I have a skin disease - Prurigo Nodularis
.........or I simply call it - Itchy Skin!


"Prurigo nodularis (PN) is a skin condition in which hard crusty lumps form on the skin that itches intensely. PN may itch constantly, mostly at night, or only when a light brush of clothing sets off a round of severe itch. For many, itching only ends when the PN is scratched to the point of bleeding or pain.
Once PN set in full force the end is similar, and it may last years.  In many patients, the true cause is never found.
Treatment is difficult. Due to the intensity of the itch patients often go from doctor to doctor looking for relief. No one treatment is always effective and several treatments may need to be tried.  Intralesional steroid injections sometimes help those not improved with the usual treatment of prescription steroid creams, antihistamine creams, pills, and anti-depressant pills."
I have struggled with this ever since I was a little kid. My mom took me to many dermatologist's and medical doctors and not one could figure out the cause or prescribe me anything that would relieve the pain. I have used prescription steroid creams( Hydrocortisone, Ammonium Lactate, Erythromycin Topical Gel), antihistamine creams (Zonalon, Pramoxine) and pills (Atarax, Periactin) anti-depressant pills, non-prescription Zostrix cream and many others. I have tried every thing I know of - oatmeal baths, baking soda baths, cool showers, using lotions, and oils. 

Some days, at my worst, I was totally covered from head to foot in the sores. The only way to get them to get a little relief is to scratch them till they bleed. Most often though it is mainly contained to my arms, legs and face.

Well, we are slowly, but surely switching to all natural non toxic, chemical free products in our home. For the past 6 months or so, I have used nothing but Shaklee Meadow Blend soap free cleansing bar in the shower, and Hand Wash Concentrate to wash my hands. I have noticed that my skin wasn't as itchy as usual and I wasn't breaking out as much in sores, but didn't think too much about it.........

However,

  - this past week, I was out of my meadow blend soap free bar, so I used zest bar soap (what we used to use daily)  in the shower.  Needless to say - the last few days, my skin is terrible itchy - and I have sores all over my body again!

My Shaklee order came in and tonight I am going back to only using the Shaklee meadow soap-free cleansing bar..... I've never been more excited over a bar of soap....EVER!

Just in case you're wondering, here's some info on Shaklee's Meadow Blend Cleansing Bar



MEADOW BLEND SOAP-FREE CLEANSER:
Scientifically formulated with natural, plant-derived ingredients, Meadow Blend gently cleans the face,
Effectively cleans the body. Contains no harsh ingredients and no added color.
_ Soothes. Oat flour and wheat germ oil hydrate and calm skin.
_ Softens. Antioxidant vitamin E softens the skin.
_ Protects. PH-balanced, plant-derived cleansers don’t disturb the skin’s essential, natural oil/moisture balance.
_ Aroma therapeutic. Light fragrance of citrus and lavender refreshes and calms as it cleanses.
_ Use in all types of water. Lathers and rinses well, even in hard water.
_ No worries about the environment. Biodegradable cleansing agents can go safely down the drain without polluting waterways.
_ Saves you money. Long-lasting bar lathers freely but won’t turn to mush in the soap dish.
_ Uses. Perfect for whenever you require a cleansing bar: the kitchen or bath sink, even in the shower.

HOW SHOULD MEADOW BLEND SOAP-FREE CLEANSERS BE USED?
_ Meadow Blend Cleansing Bar — With wet hands, rub the bar to produce a rich lather. Rinses clean with no soap residue or ring.

WHAT’S IN MEADOW BLEND SOAP-FREE CLEANSER BAR?
Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Dextrin, Water, Sodium Isostearoyl-2-Lactylate,
Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Oat Flour, Wheat Germ Oil,Tocopherol, Fragrance, Iron
Oxides.

CHALLENGE
Conventional soaps contain lye and tallow that can cause skin irritation and clogged pores.

WHY CHOOSE MEADOW BLEND® SOAP-FREE CLEANSERS?
_ Gentle enough for face and body
_ Biodegradable formula
_ Soap free — leaves no soap residue or ring
_ pH balanced
_ Non-alkaline
_ Fresh, natural citrus and lavender scent
_ No added color
_ Long-lasting 3.5-oz. bar (It lasts 2 1/2 times longer than a zest bar and has a much more richer, creamier, lather.)
_ No animal testing




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use