Looking Fabulous for the Hubby -

Back when Stephen and I were dating, I always tried to look my best for him. I wanted to be everything he was looking for. I wanted him to be attracted to me.
It worked!!!   -  He choose me!!!
our engagement picture
.....then life happened .......
 You see, most days I stay at home.... cleaning, cooking, baking, working in my office, teaching school, holding a baby, doing dishes, laundry, changing diapers, yard work, gardening, canning, pulling weeds, planting flowers, trimming goat hooves, feeding cows, gathering eggs, working in the barn........

And while, the list seems to go on and on..... in the busyness of everyday life, I sometimes forget that my hubby still wants a good- looking wife!

This week I was encouraged by Caroline over at the Modest Mom Blog to take a few extra minutes to look fabulous for my hubby!

 Now, please let me insert here that I have the most amazing hubby ever! He loves me no matter what I am wearing or how I look..... however, I do know there are certain pieces/colors of clothing he likes better on me and he loves when I wear my hair down and for me to wear earrings.

Often I just put my hair up in a pony tail. It keeps it out of my face while I am working and also helps keep me cooler in the summer. (I myself don't really like it in a pony tail.....I do it cause it's practical.)

I seldom wear earrings at home. The few times I have worn them around our place, I end up loosing one! I also have a skin disease (Prurigo Nodularis) and anytime I have anything touch my skin on a regular basis (a few days in a row), my skin gets worse.

 I don't wear perfume around the house in the summer, as I am allergic to insect bites - especially bee's ...and perfume attracts bee's (I have lots of perennial flower beds, so we already have lots of bees and insects around here!)

It is true, the people that love you the most often see the worst side of you..... not just in attitude, but also in appearance!


Anyway, today I did only 3 things different from my regular daily routine.....

1. I left my hair down instead of putting it in a ponytail.

2. I put earrings on - nothing fancy, just small ones.

3. I put perfume on.

Everything else was the same..... the same everyday, around the house clothes, same makeup, etc.

It worked!!! Hubby hadn't even got out of bed (he worked till 3AM last night) when he asked me where I was going! 

 (This made me think.... the only times he see's me dressed up is when I'm going somewhere.... shopping, a meeting, an appt., taking our daughter to piano lessons, church, and if we are on a date.....  and most of those places I go without him (except church and our dates) .....does he think I dress better for others than I do for him?)

 Doing those three little things really did make a difference.... he couldn't keep his hands off of me..... (too bad he has to work a double shift tonight!)

I want him to see me as beautiful, even if I'm headed out to do barn chores, pick beans in the garden or washing dishes. But, even more importantly, I want him to know that I dress to please him, that he is #1 in my life!

oh, and by the way..... I'm planning on getting my hair cut (in the style he likes, with lots of layers), that way I won't be so tempted to put it in a ponytail!

What about you.....have you taken time lately to look fabulous for your hubby?

Comments

  1. I loved your post! I'm so glad you linked up at The Modest Mom. :) The new haircut sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Rhoda! And so very true! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments:

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use