You Gotta Eat Cake!

 I decided it was about time to show you all some more of my cakes....

I have a love- hate relationship with making/decorating cakes. I think its fun and absolutely love trying to make exactly what the kids or I want to make.... only problem is they never turn out nearly as good as the image in my head and I hate that....

I know some would turn out better if I'd use fondant or gum paste instead of butter cream, but I don't like using fondant (I've tried a couple times), I don't like the taste of it, so I use butter cream for all my cakes... it makes them taste better... especially since I use my a perfect secret frosting recipe!


My dad passed away 3 weeks before Wyatt's birthday and left his little Kubota B6000 tractor in his will to Wyatt. You can read more about it here...




Barbie cake for an 7 yr. old - every layer of cake was a different color - purple, pink, blue and green inside.


My daughter's graduation cake - simple but classic and oh, so good!


I loved this cake... it was kinda last minute, but I used fall flowers and white roses for a fall bridal shower.


This was a log cake... it looked better in real life! I used melted chocolate to make the tree bark.


Carrot cake


Strawberry Lemon roll cake




This gun cake was pretty fun! The gun and bullets are made out of chocolate. 


I loved this cake! It was for my nephew... 


Hubby loves peanut m&ms and I was in a hurry, so I left the cake in the pan and just did something quick....


She wanted a tropical cake. I made the hibiscus flowers out of homemade marshmallow fondant.




Our youngest daughter was born on St. Patrick's Day.... this was another fun cake to make.


My first attempt to make a geode cake. I also tried to marble the icing. Its not too bad, but I had to improvise since I didn't have all the right things and we live in the middle of nowhere...

40th Birthday Cake.


The wolf cake was challenging.  The wolf was made from colored milk chocolate and the moon was white chocolate. The wolf looked perfect when I first made it, but it broke in 4 different places, so I had to keep trying to fix it... in hindsight, I really should've just made a complete new wolf, but my 11 year old was happy with her wolf cake, so thats all that matters!

You can find more of my cakes here:

Cake Anyone - Graduation Cake, Cakes for guys and more.
Cake Anyone Continued - lots of birthday cakes for little girls.
Even More Cake - Anniversary, Wedding, Baby Shower, Campfire, Candy, and more cakes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use