Keepsakes...

I realized something last night.

I was doing my usual over thinking, when I couldn't sleep and the thought of "If I died what are the things (keepsakes) that I would want my kids to keep - Something special to remind them of me."

Here is my list:

 My wedding ring set

My gold diamond heart necklace (the first gift my hubby gave me when we were dating)

My antique picture and frame (a replica of my G'ma Stumps)

My keepsake photo albums (full of memories that tell our life story)

My Bible

My Poetry Books and writings

What I realized was that out of all my belongings - there is actually very little that I would consider my most favorite keepsakes. Grant it, I would hope that my daughters might want some jewelry, a few dishes, my G'pa Fricks rocking chair, my G'ma's hurricane lamp, my vanity, some of my antiques, dishes, decor, etc. to also remember me by.

Let me insert here, that I love my home and it's contents. I try to decorate with only things I love, so I am certain that whatever my kids choose to keep, it will be something I loved, and it will remind them of me.

One benefit of getting rid of clutter is that you realize, that you love everything thats left in your home. There is nothing left that you do not love or is useful.

All in all, I hope that when that time comes, my kids will pick out a few keepsakes that have a special memory to them. I don't want them to feel obligated to keep items and things that they don't want, and or that will add clutter to their lives.

Besides, a keepsake is for the memories - I hope they will always love and remember me and maybe smile when they look at a keepsake.

What about You? What is a keepsake you want to pass down to your kids? Leave a note in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use