A Snack Basket Blessing

Be A Blessing....

Often when someone is in the hospital we want to help, but rarely do we know what to do.... may I suggest a snack basket.

Ideas for a snack basket:
 Fresh fruit with a pairing knife
Plastic silverware, napkins, and paper plates
 sweets - candy, cupcakes, trail mix
salty - nuts, chips, crackers, popcorn, combos
meal/snack bars
 cheese sticks 
fruit snacks or died fruit
bottles of water or other drinks 
pudding cups, jello
 bread, miracle whip (packets), lunch meat, cheese and chips to make sandwiches

 My mom and my mother in law, both brought us in snacks and it made such a difference. Another thing is offer to stop and pick up a meal or a burger and fries, or shake. A pizza tastes better than hospital food any day.

We also appreciated an extra $10 or $20 that was gifted to use to use for food or things we needed while we were at the hospital.

 I was lucky that there was a hospital across the road that had a nice salad buffet, and I appreciated it when people offered to stay with our son, so that I could walk to the hospital across the street to make me a salad. I would usually go over once or twice a week and get a nice big salad to bring back to the room and have for two or three meals.

We were in the hospital for over 34 days, and I am so grateful for those who brought us snacks, food, gave money and came to visit.

If you want to bless someone who is going to be hospital bound for awhile, I strongly encourage a basket of snacks.... it really blessed us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use