Christmas Caroling


I have many, happy, childhood memories of Christmas caroling. 

When I was a kid, we used to go caroling with our church and with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, every year. It was a family tradition. 

 We would all bring cookies and candies, and put together cookie plates to give to those that we went caroling to. 

After the plates were made and we all had our caroling books, we would pile into cars and drive to the people's place's that we were caroling for. I loved riding in Grandpa's car or with my best friend Carla. 

Growing up in a conservative family, we did not decorate for Christmas or have a Christmas tree. So, as a kid, I loved seeing all the Christmas lights and decorations in the people's homes we visited.

 My favorite place to go caroling was our old neighbor lady Adell's house. She doted on us kids and would pass out candy and I loved her Christmas lights and her singing Santa doll.

 After caroling, we all came back and ate a warm meal or would have hot chocolate to finish off the night. It was perfect!

~~~~~~~~~~

 I wanted my kids to know what it was like to go Christmas caroling. To share a little joy with others. To make memories, and to be a blessing. 

So this year, we enjoyed Christmas caroling with my family and with our new church friends. The kids enjoyed it and it brought back many memories. 

If you have never went caroling; get some friends together and try it. I think you will enjoy it and it will be a fun memory for you to pass on to your kids someday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use