The Only Negotiating Guide You'll Ever Need Book Review



The Only Negotiating Guide You'll Ever Need

 By Peter B. Stark and Jane Flaherty


Since I own my own small business, I thought this book would be a helpful self help book to increase my ability to negotiate. 



Everyone negotiates with others in their daily life. It can be a simple process of buying furniture to the more complex like buying of a car or a home. Then there are the things like asking for a raise or even negotiating deals at your job. 



This book suggests that if you are planning to continue having a good relationship with the person with whom you are negotiating that you should plan for a win-win solution. You want to be the person that people are happy to return to when they next need to negotiate with you.



While I agree with most of the book.... sometimes I think people who are always negotiating are missing the BIG picture. It's not always about what a person can get from another person.... it's about doing the right thing.



For example... in my own business, there are many times where I purposely choose to let the other person win even when that makes me loose. I want to do what is right no mater what. Sometimes, you simple can't negotiate.



It doesn't mean I'm wrong, it just means I respect doing the right thing better than having a win-win.



Overall, it was not a book that I was impressed with....



I received this book from BookLookbloggers for this review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use