Easy, Delicious, Rhubarb Crisp


Well, It's Spring-time here in East Central Indiana - and that means, that soon rhubarb will be plentiful! I have two beds of rhubarb in my garden - both the Victoria and the Crimson Red. I like them mixed.  I love to freeze rhubarb.... it is so easy and it makes the best rhubarb crisp, jellies, and rhubarb cream pies!
 

Here is one of our family's favorite rhubarb deserts!

 ~ Easy, Delicious, Rhubarb Crisp ~
4 cups chopped rhubarb
1 package strawberry Jell-O
1/3 cup sugar
1 package white cake mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup butter melted
 
OPTION 1:
Place rhubarb in a 9x13"  baking dish. Sprinkle with gelatin, sugar and cake mix. Pour water evenly over dry ingredients; drizzle with butter. Bake @350* for 1 hr. or until top is golden brown.
(NOTE: I usually bake for around 1 hr. and 10 min.)

OPTION 2:
Place rhubarb  in a 9x 13" baking dish. Sprinkle with gelatin and sugar. Mix together cake mix and water and pour/spoon over top; drizzle with butter. Bake @ 350* for 1 hr. or until top is golden brown. (this is the way I most usually make- it is less crumbly than the option above - kinda like a cobbler.)

We like it served warm with ice cream!
Enjoy!


Note: when cutting fresh rhubarb - it is much easier to use kitchen shears/scissors than a cutting board/knife - you will also have less strings to mess with.

post is linked with The Homestead Barn Hop

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for your recipe! Can't wait to try it. I'm West Central Indiana and have already put 25cups rhubarb in the freezer this season. Was going to make strawberry-rhubarb muffins but that might have to go on hold for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like it - I put up 14 quarts of rhubarb in the freezer yesterday.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments:

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use