The Best Granola Bars Ever

I love granola bars.... but I don't like the price tag when it comes to buying them and I've always thought they'd be too dificult to make. That is until my sister in law shared this recipe with me. I 'tweaked' it alittle from the original - but our whole family loves them and best of all, these granola bars are super easy to make!




Best Chewy Granola Bars

Mix together in a large mixing bowl and set aside:
2 c. rice crispies
4 c. oatmeal (I use quickoats)
2 c. grahm crackers (crushed)
2 c. cherrios
2 c. chex cereal
1/2 c. flax seed (optional)

Melt 1/4 c.butter and 1/4 c.oil in a 3qt. saucepan. Add 1 1/2 lb. marshmallows  (I use 2 1/2 - 10oz. bags) and stir till melted. Remove from heat and add 1/4 c. honey, and 1/2 c. peanut butter. Pour over cereal mix and stir immediately.
Gently press into two lightly greased pans (either 13x9 for thicker bars or 10x15 jelly roll/cookie sheet with sides for thinner bars)

Melt 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 c. peanut butter and spread evenly over the top of both pans. I put mine in the fridge till the top is set up - then take them out and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy!


I'd love to hear your feedback if you make them.... and you're welcome to pin it on pinterest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use