A Book Angel

Last winter, almost a year ago my sister came over to do crafts with my daughter and I one evening. We made Book Angel's!


My book angel

My daughters book angel


It was simple enough that my daughter could do everything (except for help with the hot glue gun), but was also lots of fun!
Items needed: A book (I used an old song book, my daughter used a reading book with pictures), a glue gun and glue, fake craft hair, wooden balls and scraps of lace and ribbon.

You take the book and fold the first six or so pages up.....they are the 'wings'. Do the same thing with the last six or so (the same amount) of pages.

Then go through  the rest of the book folding the pages down. (children may need some help to try to fold the pages all the same)



folding pages
 Set the book upright, glue on a wooden ball for the head, then glue on hair, lace, ribbons and bows, etc.
(my daughter added a face with a marker to hers...)



cutting the hair
 and there you have it ....a lovely book angel doll!

the finished product

We color coordinated the ribbon with the rooms that our book angels were going to be in.

*you can find lots of cheap books at yard sales and thrift shops
*these make great gifts

Someday, if I ever get my own craft store, these will also be in it!


Thanks Tip Junkie  and Take A Look Tuesday on Sugar Bee craft edition for the link -up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use