Kids and TV

I must admit, sometimes my parenting skills leave much to be desired.....however, this last week, I have stuck with my new rule of the kids only getting to watch 1hr. of TV or 1 movie a day. The first day they thought it was just awful, but by yesterday, QW didn't even ask to watch any! I am loving having a "quite" house (without the TV noise)!
This got me to thinking of how often I would let the kids watch TV/movies. Even though I have never liked it much (and even threatened to get rid of the TV altogether), I would let them watch it just because i didn't want to deal with them. Then before you knew it, a lot of time the TV was on and the kids were not even watching it.... it was just noise. 


With the TV off the last week, I have enjoyed quiet, it gives me a sense of calm. The kids are also playing together more and using their imaginations.
Now, the next things on my list to work on are snacking between meals and keeping a routine/schedule!
.....like I said earlier, my parenting skills have much to be desired....I'm still a work in progress with a very long way to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use