Miracles




I was by my Dad's beside when he died today....

Someone had said, that we should have prayed to God for a miracle so that my Dad would be healed completely here on earth.....

But after talking with my sister about it... the way that I see it, my Dad's death was a miracle.


It was a miracle that he lived for five months after his diagnosis, without standard treatment.

It was a miracle that he was in his right mind up until the day that he died.

It was a miracle that we had five good long months to talk with him, to be together, and to learn things about his life and spend time with him. Dad and I just understood each other so much more... we just let the past go andade so many good memories.... just like the following song. 

It was a miracle that he was pain-free the majority of the time..

It was a miricle that he was only in pain at the end. That he didn't have to suffer long.

It was a miracle that we were able to be by his bedside when he passed away.

It was a miracle that Dad got to tell me good bye a few days before... he held my hand with tears in his eyes.

It was a miracle that he could stay-at-home and have his kids, and grandkids around him. That visitors could come and go. No hospital rooms or doctors or protocols.

It was a miracle that he did not want to use a catheter or a bedpan and he never had to. He left this earth with his dignity still intact. He did it his way.

It was a miracle that because of him being terminally ill, I got to grow closer to my Dad than ever before. 

Even as he drew his last breath today... God gave one more miracle to us.... the miracle of peace and knowing that we will see each other again in heaven!

You see, my Dad's life and death was a miracle.

So no, I didn't pray for a miracle to heal my Dad, but I am thankful for the miracles that God gave us through my Dad's cancer.

Miracles aren't always big things.... if you look for it, you will find a miracle in all the little things of life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use