What Your Home Says About You

It's interesting to me how you can tell a lot about an individual by their home. 

Is it welcoming, cluttered, dirty, orderly, mismatched, displaced, unwelcoming, or chaos?

What does your home say about you? 

Does it smell clean or is there unpleasant odors? 

Is it clean and welcoming to all, or is it dirty, cluttered, and make people feel suffocated?

Is it Immaculate with no place to relax or put up your feet?

I am not a perfectionist by far but I do try to have a clean home not only for my guests, but for myself; with the beds made, dishes washed, counters and tables cleared, laundry put away, and things put where they belong. 

Every item needs its own home. And it needs to be put away and its place. For example I often let my kids bring toys out to play in the living room but each evening the toys are put back into their proper place and my house is picked up and clean, ready for the next day.

 Same for school - after we are finished for the day everything pertaining to school gets put back into the closet designated for school items. Read how we homeschool here.

I believe having a well-kept clean uncluttered and inviting home is important. I believe a lot can be said about you by the way that you live. 

As a Christian, keeping a clean home is being a good steward of what God has blessed me with. I also think that to have a disorderly, cluttered home is wasting the resources God has given us. 

I understand that sometimes our circumstances in life make having a clean home more difficult, but I challenge you; start with something small and you will gradually get there.

 I promise having a well-kept home will give you peace and make your guests feel welcome. If you need help ask for it. If you are close to me I will help you. If not, contact me and I'll help the best I can.

The one thing that makes it nearly impossible to have a clean home is that you have too much stuff you do not need. 

With too much stuff, you will always be organizing things. If you get rid of the stuff, you'll find that organizing will be a thing of the past. Let it all go. The extras, the might needs, the things that you think you'll fix, the old clothing you don't wear, the dishes you never use, and anything else that you do not need or love - let it go and start living an uncluttered life you can be proud of.

 You can have a welcoming home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use