Asparagus


This early-spring treat is one of a few perennial vegetable crops, so once you get a patch established, it will give you many years of delicious harvests for little work. Here's my little patch from last year:



Asparagus are fresh, crisp, nutritious, and adaptable to use in many different ways. Asparagus are a good source of the following minerals & vitamins:
Iodine, Potassium, Copper, Magnesium, Folate, and Vitamins A, C and E. 

My favorite ways to eat it are - 

Steamed with Eggs...
Steam Asparagus on stove top... top with shredded or chopped hard boiled eggs and salt and pepper.

 Oven Roasted...
This has to be one of the easiest and tastiest ways to cook asparagus. Just trim the ends, lay out on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese, and then bake until done. 


In a sandwich...

We like to use a toasted and buttered bread or bagel. Add bacon, steamed asparagus and a fried egg! *Note: some people put guacamole on this sandwich - I prefer not to, but it's your choice!


Here are some other recipes that I want to make with asparagus this spring...








For more info on all things Asparagus - from different ways to cooking, cleaning, seasoning and much, much more - please visit Quick Easy Cook!

For more great recipe's - Follow our Recipe's/Kitchen board on Pinterest!

Comments

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge u distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards,
    Harry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments:

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use