Adoption....


Today is National Adoption Day.... and although I am blessed with three kids of my own, I have always wanted to adopt a child and give them love, family, and a place to call home.

There over 450,000 kids are in the foster care system. And over 100,000 kids are approved and waiting for family's to adopt them in the USA. The average wait is over 3 yrs. It has been estimated, that there are over 350,000 churches in the USA. If only one family in each church across America would adopt a kid out of the foster care system, could you imagine the difference that would make - not just on an individual level, but as for America as a whole!?!?!

Research shows that Christians are the first people to speak out about abortion being wrong, but they are also the last ones to step up and adopt America's foster kids. I find it interesting to know that American families will spend thousands of dollars and wait for years just so they can adopt an infant, when there are so many kids that are ready and waiting (with very little cost) right at our fingertips. The average kid in foster care who is waiting to be adopted is 7- 9 yrs. old. Here's a link to some of the kids waiting for homes .... 

"There are no unwanted children. Just unfound families." 
- National Adoption Center

Over 23,000 children age out of foster care every year without finding a permanent family. This is tragic. Only 2% of children who age out of foster care will go on to get a college education, and 80% of the prison population comprises adults who were in the foster care system at some point on their childhood.

What a difference it would make in the world if those kids could have someone to care for them, teach them right from wrong, and give them a family to love them, and a place to call home.

People often think that adopting older kids can be harder because they often come with emotional scars and baggage. But here's the thing... with lots of love, time, and patience - they will thrive! To me, those are the kids who need a good home the most.

I know what you're thinking.... if adoption is so important to me, why haven't I adopted any kids myself? After all, don't be a hypocrite right? Well, you have a good point! I do feel very strongly about adoption, but at this time, my husband does not. And I feel that it is my place as his wife, to respect his wishes... I will pray, as God knows best and leave it up to Him. In the mean time, I will continue to speak up for these kids.....

"There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child - and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own." 
-Robert Braul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use