Satisfying Chicken Soft Tacos (THM - S)


Ok, so the other night I was browsing online for something to make for supper, when I found

The only problem was:
#1- It was a crock pot meal and (I know this sounds terrible, but I don't know how to use my crock pot very well) or maybe, I'm just not a big fan - you have to plan ahead to use a crock and I don't plan ahead when it comes to meals.
 #2 - It takes like 4 hrs. to cook and it was already past supper time.
#3 - It called for items like peppers and onions (my family don't eat peppers and onions)
Anyway, after going out to the shop and  telling complaining to hubby about how I found this good recipe, but I couldn't make it, etc. and after, putting it off as long as I possibly could, I decide to come back inside and get super duty over!

 But, I couldn't get that wonderful yummy sounding recipe out of my mind, so decided to try to make it anyway - only with items that my family would actually eat! And, guess what?!?! It turned out perfect! It was Amazing!!! Everyone asked for seconds! It is def. a keeper and something I'll be making regularly - in fact I have made it twice now in one week!
Here's my spin on it - if you'd like to try:

Throw your chicken breast (I cut mine into strips) into a skillet, add water, salt and pepper and let cook. When chicken is cooked through (meat is white) sliced/shred, it on a cutting board and put it back into the skillet. Then add chili seasoning, garlic powder, onion salt, and squirt lime juice and lemon juice over the top of the chicken - (you can use either fresh or bottled). It really gives it a great flavor. Toss it altogether, put the lid on, and let it cook till tender or until it smells too yummy to resist any longer!

A few notes here: I was pretty liberal with my seasonings and both the lime and lemon juice. Also, you can keep adding water if you must - don't let the meat get dry.

When you can't stand it any longer and you just gotta have a bite - serve on low carb tortillas and top with cheese, sour cream, turkey bacon, and lettuce/spinach!

They were very moist and juicy and oh, so yummy - a big hit around here!




And for the hubby (who doesn't like sour cream) - we topped his with homemade salsa - I didn't try this one, but he said it was absolutely wonderful!


Please don't mind the paper plates..... sometimes, I opt for the quick and easy clean up!

*This post is linked to Stacy Makes Cents 

Comments

  1. Hey, that's me! :-) And you linked up! Double whammy! :-)
    You really should embrace your crock - I post a new crock recipe each Friday...and meal planning. Embrace meal planning. :-)
    Thanks for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy - I pin all your THM recipes that I think our family will like! and yes, I need to use my crocks more.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments:

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use