One Room Makeover Challenge


 I love decorating and making over a room... so when I heard of the One Room Makeover Challenge.... I was all in!

Here's the deal.... the challenge is you have 2 days and a $200 budget...

I thought our bathroom would be perfect for this.
You see, some day, when we tear up all the flooring, we are planning on a big remodel/refresh for the whole house. And when that happens I have big plans for this bathroom.... a soaker tub, a see through glass shower, a real stone sink top, new vanity, flooring, closet, etc.

But until then.... a little refresh will do wonders!

So here's the story on this bathroom...
When we bought the house 15 years ago, this bathroom was all decked out in its original 70's style.... blue and pink wall paper, blue floor, blue tub, yellowed blue marble sink and yes, a blue toilet! (Sorry about the picture quality- it was before I had a digital camara.)


We got rid of just about everything.... except the ugly blue tub, always hiding behind the shower curtain. I can't wait for it to go!

Anyway, over the years this room was blue and yellow, (not sure what I was thinking other then I thought it'd help go with the blue tub and yellowed blue marbled sink top.)


Then it was red and brown (a little Asian inspired). I kinda liked this look..... it was something completely different and I thought the room came together really well. But in the end, it was too different.... nothing else in our home is red, so it kinda stuck out like a sore thumb....


Next was aqua and brown.... I actually really liked the aqua and brown combination... I found the perfect towels and shower curtain and since the vanity, mirror trim, and corner stand was all brown... it looked nice.


Fast forward a few years.... the shower curtain and towels are really showing their age and since we painted all the trim white, walls grey, and doors black, the brown really doesn't look so good anymore. That, and I get bored easily....

Time for something new....




Heres what I done:

2 new sets of towels $50
Shower curtain, new black rod, and hooks $24
Window curtain $8
New trash basket (ikea planter) $2
Peal and stick wallpaper $50
Rug $16
Paint (I used left over Black Magic paint so it didn't cost me anything) I painted the clock, corner stand,
toilet paper holder, and hand towel holder.
Total cost: $150

Except that.... the vanity and mirror are still waiting to be painted... (I was wanting to paint them black magic black also, but since we are seriously talking about building an addition onto the house this year, I don't think I'm going to paint them, as this whole bathroom will be switched around and get a new vanity. But, until that happens. I absolutely love my 'new' bathroom and it was most definitely worth the $150 to make it beautiful!


This is my favorite  bathroom corner... my Grandma Stump brought this purse back from Africa for me as a kid, and as much as it ment to me, it was too awkward to use as a purse. But I finally found the perfect use for it as  a beautiful basket for my zz plant!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use