New Year Resolutions

Stop trying to be something your not!


This could be considered useful advise for just about anything.... but, today I'm talking about exercising.

This time of year you hear of people making New Year Resolutions and the top one for many people is to lose weight. Now I'm not saying weight loss or exercising is bad. What I'm saying is if you have to be something that's not true to who you are to achieve it.... it's simple not worth it!

I'm all for losing weight (You can see my getting healthy story here), exercising, eating healthy, becoming fit, being happy,and changing into the person who you want to be... just don't go about it the wrong way!

Let me explain what I mean....

I have always been short (5ft.). As a kid, I hated walking with my mom and sister, because they could walk circles around me... (short legs don't go fast). When I was 12, I was ran over with a produce wagon and have had many leg problems since. I have struggled with being overweight my whole life. I have owned and tried weight machines, treadmill, elliptical, swimming, and everything else. My doctor told me I should never do any exercising other than in water, as it is just too hard on my bad leg....

But here's the thing. I always let people talk me into trying to work out - outside of water, and it causes me to become something I'm not. I do NOT want to be a fitness guru.... working out makes me become angry, sore, tired, and an all around bad person to be with....

Now, if you genually enjoy having a workout routine and get a high from the burn, by all means go ahead and do so. Now through Jan 31, 2018 save $50 with a Shaklee 180 Starter Kit... it will put you on the fast track to becoming fit and healthy!

But for me - I get my high and enjoyment from taking walks, going on bike rides, and exploring with my family... that's how I'm getting in my exercise, and enjoying being me, and staying true to myself at the same time.

Here's to a happy, healthy, New Year and to having good new year resolutions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use