Where I Came From...


A few weeks ago, we got together with my side of the family, - my parents, siblings, and all our kids to have family pictures taken. 

The whole family, minus one sister in law....
I always struggle when it comes to extended family. I had a great life growing up as a kid, but my teen years and into adult life have had there fill of extended family issues....
On one hand, I love my parents and siblings and want to be involved in family get togethers, but on the other hand, there's been too much pain, too many differences, and too much water under the bridge, to make it worthwhile. 

Oh, we all get along when we are together, but it's like we are all trying to be something that we aren't. For now, I still go to most family get togethers.... I make an appearance, but try not to stay too long or be too involved....(I struggle with chronic stress, which seems to flare up more around my extended family), so for me, its just better that way.

You see, I'm considered the black sheep of the family, although most of the white sheep aren't as white as they appear....

Mom and Dad with us kids... I'm the middle one!

So while, we are not as involved with my side of the family anymore, they are where I came from. I was raised conservative. I had a great childhood. I have lots of happy memories. But, I am not the same person today as I was back then... 


I am thankful for my heritage, but I'm also thankful for the life, I now choose to live. Being around my extended family makes me feel extra thankful for my own family... these are the people I love most...

The Kindreds 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use