Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt


Materials: 

(1) 16 oz Yarn (color of your choice)
*You can use different colors of yarn. I wanted mine to match my Christmas stockings so I made it all soft white.

Crochet Hook (I used size H)
*You can use any type of yarn or any size hook.... (The smaller the hook, the tighter the stitches. The bigger the hook, the more yarn you will need.)

Glossery: (ch = chain, sc = single crochet, dc = double crochet, st = stitch)

                              

Directions:

Row 1: Ch 22, dc in fourth ch from hook, dc in each ch across, turn.

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), 2 dc in each st across to last st, dc in last st, turn. 

Row 3: Ch 3, dc in each st across, turn.

Row 4: Ch 3, 2 dc in each st across to last st, dc in last st, turn. 

Row 5 - 6: Ch 3, dc in each st across, turn.

Row 7: Ch 3, 2 dc in next st, (dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) across, turn. 

Row 8 - 10: Ch 3, dc in each st across, turn.

Row 11: Ch 3, (2 dc in next st, dc in next st) across, turn. 

Row 12 - 14: Ch 3, dc in each st across, turn.

Row 15: Ch 3, 2 dc in next st, (dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) across, turn 

Row 16: Ch 3, dc in each st across, turn. 

Row 17: Sc in first st, (skip next st, 5 dc in next st, skip next st, sc in next st) across. Fasten off.



Please note: This is for a 4 ft. tall tree. If you wish to make a skirt for a full size tree you would repeat rows 12 - 15 two or three times before adding Row 16 and 17. You would also use more yarn for a larger tree skirt.

Comments

  1. Mine doesn't lay completely flat. It has some ripples in it. Youd probably have to leave out some of the extra double crochet stiches to get it to lay flatter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! Im working on it right now. This really is a quick work up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome! I hope you like the way it turns out. I still love mine and still use it every year since I made it!

      Delete
    2. How can I increase this pattern pls!

      Delete
  3. i would like to know how to enlarge this pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. I do not have instructions to enlarge this pattern. I'd probably just keep adding rows until it was larger.

      Delete
  4. Would this pattern be go to make for a pencil tree? If not, do you have a crochet pattern for a pencil tree? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would work fine for a pencil tree. I do not have any other tree skirt patterns! Good Luck!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments:

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use