Camouflage Cake

We don't do big extravagant birthday parties at our house.... but, I do let each kid pick what kind of cake they want and their birthday supper meal. I also get them a birthday balloon (Dollar Tree has them for $1), and we either get them a small gift or go somewhere as a family. I think the whole point is to make it a special day for them to remember!

I enjoy making and decorating cakes. You can see some of them here, here, and here

Wyatt turned 10 this week and requested a camouflage cake with a Polaris 500 ATV on top.... I think it turned out pretty good!


I've had a few people ask how I make the camouflage cakes. It really is easy....

First, mix a white cake mix and a chocolate cake mix separately. Put half of each batter into separate bowls and add green food coloring to one bowl of white and one bowl of chocolate cake mix. 

Prepare your pans and spoon a little of each batter in random spots until you have the proper amount of batter in each pan. Do not swirl the batters. 

Bake and cool the cakes as usual. 

This is how it looked on top.....


Decorate the cake.

Happy 10th Birthday WYATT!

Here is a photo of the inside of the cake after cutting...


You can use this for many different occasions - a shower, school colors, holidays, etc. I plan to do a purple, pink, white and blue cake for my 7 yr old's barbie birthday cake in a couple weeks. I think any boy or girl would love to get a camouflage cake!

See my other cakes here:
Cake Anyone - Graduation Cake, Cakes for guys and more.
Cake Anyone Continued - lots of birthday cakes for little girls.
Even More Cake - Anniversary, Wedding, Baby Shower, Campfire, Candy, and more cakes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use