Nigerian Dwarf Baby Goats



Yesterday, August 31, 2011 our Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goat
 'Jelly Bean'
had her first baby kids......Twins!!!

Meet 'Starburst' and 'Skittles'



'Starburst' was born at 11:18 pm and weighed in at 3 1/2 # - he is a big boy!


'Skittles' was born a few minutes later and weighed in at 2 3/8# - such a sweet tiny little girl!

 

Babies are doing great and Jelly Bean has turned into a fine Momma.






my helper during their birth.....
(I think this counts as a learning experience.....don't ya love home school!!)






Baby Bug 'checkin' the baby out.....

I was raised on a farm, around cows, sheep, pigs, etc., but this is the first time I was the 'responsible' adult (hubby missed it by just minutes) in the whole goat birthing process..... every time I see the miracle of birth, I'm reminded of what a awesome God we have!

We are gonna let the baby's be with momma the next 10 days and then we'll start milking...... I can't wait to show you'll pics of the milking stand the hubby made for me!

In the mean time, head on over to The Prairie Homestead for lots of great info.... I love her site!

Also, if you are interested in getting started with a good herd of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats check out The Lil' Red Barn - she has great registered blood lines and very resonable prices!

I love my goats!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use