How Shaklee's YOUTH Healed My Skin


Like nearly every growing teen, I have struggled with acne. Although mine is thankfully not severe, it hit a definite peak between the ages of 14 and 16. I had tried different facial cleansers, exfoliators, moisturizers, way too many questionable DIY concoctions (which did more harm than good), and even a medicated cream, to try to tame this bothersome side affect of puberty.

Every night I would exfoliate like crazy, apply at least 3 different products, and every morning I would wake up with the same lack of results. None of them seemed to work, which, of course, drove me to use them even more religiously… 
At that time, it seemed like a wise solution.

It wasn’t.

As my acne worsened, my confidence dwindled, but I eventually discovered the life-changing power of liquid foundation and concealer… only, I lacked the knowhow to use it, and the end result made me look like a cake-faced oompa loompa...


from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Not the best look.

All I was doing, was overwhelming my skin with tons of different ingredients and harsh chemicals, exfoliating my face off, and then clogging my pores even more with the layers of makeup I’d use to try and cover it. It’s a vicious cycle that a lot of people get sucked into. By slathering on layers of acne products and exfoliating daily, they think they’re doing all they can to help their skin, when in reality, they’re just irritating the heck out of it.

Well, I’ve learned my lesson, and my skin and I have finally made amends, thanks to a brand new skincare line by Shaklee!

Ain't it pretty?

After hearing about YOUTH®, I immediately wanted to try it. I knew it was not created specifically to treat acne, but I was sick of wasting time with bad home remedies and overrated facial products, and seeing no results. Shaklee’s vitamins had helped me enormously as a child, while I was sick with stage 3 kidney disease, and almost getting put on dialysis (you can read the full story HERE). I knew Shaklee worked, and I was eager to see how well YOUTH® would too.

I was not disappointed!





I didn't realize how much scarring I had until I compared the pictures. My scars are completely gone now! Due to hormones, my acne hasn't dissapeared totally, but I've learned to accept it. I will usually breakout at that time of the month, but it is so, so much better than it used to be! I'll get a few spots, but they're always gone within a couple days. And, acne aside, you can see how much firmer and healthier my skin is now! I was not expecting such a difference!

The BB Cream, Mineral Moisturizer, and Night Cream in “light” (it also comes in “rich”, which is great for the winter months), are all very smooth and weightless. I forget I’m wearing them most days.

I think the cleanser, toner, and night cream are what helped me the most. The cleanser and toner have natural, gentle exfoliants, of green algae and muscadine grape exracts, which leave your skin soft, clean, and revived. And I love waking up to firm, hydrated skin thanks to their night cream!

Another super great product Shaklee has is their Acne Clarifying Complex. ↓

Acne Clarifying Complex
If I haven’t sold you on YOUTH® yet, this is nearly just as good. I’ve used it morning and night for years, and it has helped out so much in reducing redness, swelling, and speeding up my skin’s natural healing process. It’s affordable, and lasts me a really long time! I’ve bought 2 tubes in the last 4 years, and that’s only because I lost one during vacation earlier this year… never doing that again –I was without it for over a week!


Having acne prone skin is hard, and it really does mess with your confidence. I can't tell you how many times I used to look in the mirror and tell myself horrible things, like "no one would ever want someone like you," "you're pathetic", "you're ugly"... things I would never dream of telling another person, ever. But we so often allow apearances to rule over our better judgement and the true worth of somebody, especially ourselves. My skin is clearer, yes, and some of you (like my parents) might think that it never was that bad to begin with. Compared to a lot of people, it wasn't. You're right. But, regardless, I felt degraded because of it. I'd watched too many ads, flipped through too many magazines, and scrolled through too many Instagram feeds... All those girls seemed perfect: they didn't have acne spots on their faces, or eyebags, or freckles, and if they did, who was I to know? "It must be so great to go without makeup and still look that beautiful," I'd tell myself.

 But I've learned that with or without acne, I'm still the same person. About halfway through my journey with YOUTH®, I stopped wearing as much makeup. At first, it felt empowering. "This is me, just how I am." I was glad my face was so much better, and I liked feeling more confident in my own skin. But, I still had dark circles under my eyes, I still had random, undefined freckles, and skin imperfections. I still looked the same and acted the same. I was still me. So, what did clearing my acne really change?

My way of thinking.

I've learned to let go of all those negative beliefs I used to tell myself, because, really, it's still me I'm looking at in the mirror. Makeup-free days are relaxing, and a full-face day makes me feel 'put together'. I've accepted that I will never look like a model, I will never have babydoll skin... but anytime I apply makeup now, I do it because I want to, not because I feel like I have to. Because I have learned that I am so much more than my appearance, no matter how good or bad it is. 

Thank you, Shaklee, for helping me realize that.

written by Faith Kindred

Comments

  1. What a great testimony! Your skin looks fabulous! I love the Youth Products, too, and it helps to undo some of the damage I've done to my skin all these years! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful story Faith, thank you for sharing and being vulnerable! I am so happy for you, you look radiant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. So happy for you Faith! I can see how you have grown in confidence too. Thanks for sharing your story. I'll pass it along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely just what I was searching for. Thanks to the author for taking his time on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments:

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use